Hubby and my youngest son just got done putting in our great room floor! How Gorgeous it turned out. I am so thrilled. We can now move the furniture into the room. Yayyy. The fireplace still needs to be done, and we have trim work to add, but the room is livable.
I shall show more pictures when I can.
Monday, July 30, 2007
Posted by Tracy at 2:51 PM
Friday, July 27, 2007
Posted by Tracy at 3:59 PM
Friday, July 20, 2007
Things have been crazy insane of late for me and my family. WE got the okay to move into our house!!! So I am busy packing while hubby does a few other things that we want done before we live in the house. The house will not be done for months to come, but it is at a point where we have one main bathroom working, the upstair bedroom floors are all done, and we have a working kitchen. (Even if the counter tops are not done.) That is all we need really to be somewhat comfortable. (Better then camping!)
It will be so wonderful to be in the house. Hubby has been working in the evenings on the house, at least we will be together while he is doing that. I can also start the murals in the house. :)
On another note:
I was looking around on the web for something positive to post, and found these interludes on life. I found it very true. It is how I like to live my life, and what I wish for all you blogger friends of mine as well as for all my friends and loved ones!
24 Interludes of Life
1. Don't go for looks, they can deceive. Don't go for wealth even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile.
2. There are moments in life when you really miss someone that you want to pick them up from your dreams and hug them. Hope you dream of that someone.
3. Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go, be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.
4. May you have...Enough happiness to make you sweet
Enough trials to make you strong
Enough sorrow to keep you human
Enough hope to make you happy
And enough money to keep you comfortable.
5. When one door of happiness closes, another opens. But we often took so long at the closed door, that we don't see the one which has been opened for us.
6. The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch, swing with, never saying a word and then walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
7. It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.
8. Always put yourself in other's shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably does hurt the person too.
9. A careless word may kindle a strife;
A cruel word may wreck a life
A timely word may level stress
A lovely word may heal and bless.
10. The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves and not to twist them with our own image, otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.
11. The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes along the way.
12. Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we should know how to be grateful for that gift.
13. It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.
14. Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have searched and those who have tried. For only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives.
15. Love is when you take away the feeling, the passion, the romance and find out you still care for that person.
16. A sad thing about life is that when you meet someone who means a lot to you only to find out in the end that it was never bound to be and you just have to let go.
17. Love starts with a smile, develops with a kiss and ends with a tear.
18. Love comes to those who still hope even though they've been disappointed, to those who still believe even though they've been betrayed, need to love those who still love, even though they've been hurt before.
19. It hurts to love someone, and not to be loved in return but what is most painful is to love someone and never finds the courage to let the person know how you feel.
20. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past. You can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.
21. Never say goodbye when you still want to try;
Never give up when you still feel you can take it;
Never say you don't love that person anymore when you can't let go.
22. Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back. Don't expect love in return, just wait for it to grow in their hearts but if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours.
23. There are things you love to hear but you would never hear it from the person whom you would like to hear it from, but don't be deaf to hear it from the person who says it with his heart.
24. When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life to the fullest so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone
around you is crying.
Posted by Tracy at 7:36 AM
Saturday, July 7, 2007
Here we are a year later after starting the building of our new house. It has taken a lot of hard work, sweat, and long lonely hours of seperation between my husband and I to build this house. WE still have so much more to do before we can actually move in. I know it will be well worth building this home, but I am soooooo looking forward to it being done!
Even though these are not the latest pictures of the progress on our house, they are pictures you all have not seen. Since taking the pictures, the kitchen island is in, and the upstairs main bath is almost done.
The first pictures are of the kitchen. I am thrilled with how it is coming out. Besides the island being put in, the double ovens, dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave have all been installed. They also all work! Yayyyyyyy
Next is of the lighting that is in the entry way . I am so excited about these lights. I knew what I wanted for lighting, and searched all over the web to find the perfect lights for us! I want the inside of our home to have the feel of a log cabin. Very cozy , comfy, and welcoming! I am going to be filling our home with handmade quilts and my very own paintings of animals and woods.
The last picture is of the master bedroom. This room I am hoping will be our very first grown up bedroom! You ladies know what I mean when I say this. I want a very nice bedroom, one that we will want to be in. Not one where you look around and see hubbies junk is piled up on the dresser and in the corners. No bikes, tools, or office things allowed in this bedroom! laughing.
Hubby will take more pictures soon. He has just been so busy between building and work!
Posted by Tracy at 7:25 AM