THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, August 10, 2009

My prayer for today.




As I sit here drinking my coffee this morning I quietly reflect about how every day needs to be wrapped in prayer. We also need to protect ourselves with the spiritual armor that God has provided us with.

Just now I opened my email, and have read an email from Christianity.com Daily Inspirations. I would like to share some of what it said.

It talks about protecting ones mind with the The Helmet of Salvation. It shares that if you are a child of God, you have already been given this kind of safe­guard to protect you from the enemy's attacks against your mind. The email points out that in Ephesians 6:17, Paul writes about the helmet of salvation. It states, "And take the helmet of salvation"...

In the final chapter of Ephesians, Paul deals extensively with the subject of spiritual armor. By the time we come to verse 17, he has already talked about the loin belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the shoes of peace, and the shield of faith. Now Paul speaks to us about the helmet of salvation, using the illustration of a Roman soldier's helmet to make his point.

We are being attacked on a daily basis by evil. We really do need to protect our thoughts and our souls by putting on the Helmet of Salvation.

Today i am going to share a prayer that is from that email of Christianity.com. I hope that as you embark on your day that it is full of blessings and that you have your own Helmet of Salvation firmly in place.

MY PRAYER FOR TODAY

Lord, I am so grateful for my salvation! It is the most wonderful gift You have ever given me. It changed my life and set me free; it brought healing to my body and deliverance to my mind. I want to wrap the knowledge of all that my salvation includes around my mind so tightly that the devil can never steal these benefits from my life. Holy Spirit, I ask You to help me study and to understand everything Jesus purchased for me at the Cross. Reveal it to me; convince me of its truth; and help me to wear that revelation knowledge on my head like a mighty, fortified, spiritual helmet!


I pray this in Jesus' name!

MY CONFESSION FOR TODAY

I confess that I wear my salvation tightly around my mind like a helmet. When the enemy tries to attack my mind and to chop away at the benefits of my salvation, his attacks are completely ineffective! My mind is convinced of all that salvation means for me, and my mind is trained and taught to think correctly according to that knowledge. Therefore, the knowledge of my salvation becomes a helmet in my life. It doesn't matter how hard the devil tries to hack away at my mind, I still stand strong because I know what Jesus' death and resurrection purchased for me!

I declare this by faith in Jesus' name!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Sometimes it seems to take a lot of prayer to know which thoughts are being sent to us from where and which thoughts are just simply are own. Thanks for sharing the source of this post, as well. I am trying to keep an updated list of devotional sites on my blog so that people can pick and choose. I will check this one out.

(Beautiful background.)

Mimi said...

this was just the inspiration that I needed this morning... thank you for you post dear friend...

Mike Golch said...

Godd posting.

'Tart said...

This is a wonderful post.

I believe it's true that we are attacked and I think this is a wonderful reminder to put on the spiritual armor of God to fend off those attacks.

How would you do that? By having a connection to him: the lifeline of prayer, the scriptures which have been left for us to read to guide and strengthen us, and by strengthening each other by reminding each other of these things.

I have been thinking of the 'spiritual armor' recently myself and I am so glad that you brought it up and talked about it here.

I didn't comment upon it yet, but I really like the 9 Principles/12 Values on the sidebar. How true and honest they, and you, are.
Love,
Tart