THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, March 15, 2008

What are you risking?




I have found through the class i am now taking that i have been afraid to take risks the last few years. I have been hurt so many times in my life, that i became tired of being hurt. I have learned to put a huge wall of protection around my heart. This is a common thing to do when a person has had to deal with so much pain in life. When you put up such strong walls though you end up missing out on so much in life.

You miss out on the good that God surrounds us with every single day in our lives.

All my life i feel like i put walls around me. I would tear them down, only to be hurt again by yet another person or situation. So the walls went back up. It has become a pattern with me. A pattern i need to break.

Life is full of pain. Life is full of danger. Life has so many unknowns that it makes it hard to trust and risk being hurt again.

Life however is full of blessings, and happiness also.

If one blocks out all the pain and danger, then they are no longer able to experience the many blessings and happiness life has to offer also.

I am developing a new walk with God.
In this class I am taking, it teaches a person to lean into God, to hold his hand and have a very personal one on one relationship with God.

Always before I have believed in God. I have prayed, and felt God in my life, but i missed one huge piece in my relationship with him. A person not only has to pray to God, and believe in him they have to reach out their hand to God and take his hand.

One has to allow God to talk with you. One has to hear God and what he has to say to you. A person has to walk with God hand in hand, and at times as my favorite poem "FootPrints" says allow him to carry you in times of trouble.

I am learning that one not only has to believe in God, but to trust him to deal with all the pain and danger life brings your way.

It is not easy giving over the reigns of my life to God. I fight it every day, but every day i keep Gods hand firmly in mine. I am not letting his hand go this time.

It is so easy to not want to give full power and control over to God. That is what one has to do in order to fully walk with God. Its hard not to take that control back and try to do it all myself with just him watching on. I however found that when i am in charge of everything life becomes a messed up ugly blob of goo that is hard to see through. When i hand over all to God and he is in charge and running the controls in my life, everything becomes so clear.

I have a lot more to learn, and feel i am on the right path now in taking this class.

My Journey with God is just beginning.



To laugh is to risk being as a fool.
To weep is to risk being sentimental.
To reach out to another is to risk involvement.
To expose your feelings is to risk exposing your
true self. To place your ideas and dreams before a
crowd is to risk their loss. To love is to risk not being
loved in return. To live is to risk dying.
To hope is to risk despair.
To try is to risk failure.
But the risks must be taken because the
greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing, has nothing.
She/he may avoid suffering and sorrow cannot learn,
feel, change, grow or live. Chained by
her/his servitude she/he is a slave who has forfeited
all freedom. Only a person who risks is free.
The pessimist complains about the wind expects it
to change and the realist adjusts the sails.

6 comments:

Mimi said...

thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind comments...I came by to visit you, and I think your artwork is very good...
I pray that you find peace and comfort in knowing that God can help you overcome your fear of associating with people (Isaiah 26:3-4) tells us that"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord is the Rock eternal.
please come by and visit again sometime..
Mimi

jumpinginpuddles said...

god rocks and is our rock and recently has saved our life more than once how cna anyone say there isnt a god
thankyou alos for your support over the last month you are such an encouragment to us

Anonymous said...

realizing and allowing God to do what God does best can sure make a difference in one's life! we too have struggled with God but feel more comfortable each and every day.

sending safe hugs

keepers

Medicoglia, RN said...

I have had to make my blog private and would like to invite you. I lost my address book in my computer crash. My email is the same...please email me so I can invite you.

Mike Golch said...

Mysti,this is a great big leap by shareing this about you.It is a powerful message of trust of ones self and that the love of God will heal you as he does all of us.the great thing is that all we have to do is ask.
It is thru his grace that wondereful things happen to us.
By his grace I have a great lady in my life now.we have been married for 28 years on March the first.This is my second marriage,my first one failed after 5 years of rocky roads at best and a liveing nightmare at its worse.
I know that my blog does not always show the grace I feel,my blog is about every day things that matter to me,it does not make me a bad Christian,(as one person said to me in an email)I do not know if I could do a blog as you do and the others do on their blogs that I have visited.I truely thasnk you for the messages that you have on this site,as it is a reinforcement for me in my life.
I do want you to know that I have added you to mt blog roll and will try to visit more offten.Blessing your way.

'Tart said...

What a powerful message, Mysti. So hard to either let go of the fears or decide to hang on to God's hand. Literally a Catch-22 right in the heart concerning trust. I feel that pain, as you know. Excellent post.