THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 14, 2007

Just a short note and a poem


I know I have not done much writing of late. I have thought many times I should just write what is happening in my life. Words just do not seem to be coming to me of late.

I do not want the only thing written in my blog to be negative. All who read my blog know already about my health issues, and many of you already know about my emotional ones. They are the same. Never ending. So instead of repeating myself over and over I have just decided not to write.

I have thought about just ending my blog. I have not done so because I am hoping that I will just wake one day, and things will be much better regarding my health and emotional issues.

I know I am blessed. I know that there are people in this world with problems much greater then mine. It makes me feel guilty to write about my problems when things could be much worse. This is why you have not heard from me.

Thank you to those who have not given up on me, and who still come to my blog hoping to know how I am. This post is for you.

Blessings!


Don't Quit

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns
As every one of us sometimes learns
And many a fellow turns about
When he might have won, had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
And you never can tell how close you are
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.

Author Unknown

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope you get to feeling better soon. Hugs ok
ohh and the contest is over tonight at midnight if you still wanted to enter.

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you.

I hope you take the words of the poem you shared to heart, as you are not a quitter. You have an amazing level of strength. Do not lose sight of that.

And know, that whenever you are absent from Blog land, we will be thinking of you. Hope you feel better soon!

Raine said...

writing about them doesnt make you feel any better?

'Tart said...

Hey, I feel the exact same way these days. Hope that 'everything's much better' day comes soon for both of us.
Hugs
Tart

Anonymous said...

Daybreak at the Eastern Edge of the World



Every day I drive into a Technicolor sunrise.
Such is daybreak at the Eastern Edge of the world.
I must cross two rivers before I reach the sea.
Each river is spanned by thin web of steel and concrete.
I work a stone's throw from the ocean and I gauge the tempo of the day by the colors of the sea.
A dark blue sea portends a calm day.
A green sea speaks of storms to come.
A slate gray sea: the storm is here.