THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 17, 2008




The song "Amazing Grace" has always fascinated me in many ways. One reason was i could relate with the words so well. I felt lost, i felt blinded. The thing is I really never understood the song, because I was to blind and so very lost to see fully. I wanted to see, and not feel lost any longer. In fact it has been a craving. The song would play over and over with in my soul, spirit and mind.

I come from a family of much turmoil, and strife. I was raised in a family who loved deeply, and played hard. Pleasures of the heart and flesh were taught to me.

I was raised with contradictions though. I was taught with words to love, be kind, be generous, do not hurt another, and to not cheat or lie.

Yet the actions in my family were anything but those things. I was raised with all the things i was "told" not to do. Because of this, I grew up really unsure with who i am as a person, wanting to be and do one thing, yet doing just the opposite. I could not really understand why i would choose the opposite from what i wanted. I craved the life i was told about but never shown or given the tools to receive that very life.

I went about life trying to seek the life of love and generosity, yet kept going down the wrong paths. Paths that led to anywhere but the very life i craved and wanted most.

I am 43 years old and only now finding that the life i have always craved is right in front of me and within my reach. It was always right in front of me, but i was to blind and lost to really truly see it or understand it.

The song Amazing Grace resonates within my soul even deeper and stronger then ever before. I relate with the words in ways that i never thought possible.

"Grace" what an amazing thing it truly is to receive from the Lord. How very easy it is to receive.

After all the sin, after all the fears, after all the hurt and heartache i have had in the past, i finally get it, i finally see. I finally know deep in my heart that i have Grace and Mercy for "all" my sins. I have Grace and Mercy through "Jesus Christ".
He will not "forsake" me. Once given he will never take it back. It was promised to me if i were to confess my sins,and repent them, i would be given "Mercy" and "Grace".

What i have learned through this class I am taking "Cleansing Streams" is that Amazing "grace" God's freely given love and favor - is offered- not condemnation. Wonderful "mercy" God's kind treatment when punishment is deserved - is waiting- not judgment. God offered and i entered into a relationship with Him when i accepted Jesus as my Savior and my spirit was made alive.

God is offering, it is my choice to enter and receive freedom and healing for my soul. I am finally receiving that very healing through his "Grace" and "Mercy".

Thank you Lord for the Mercy and Grace you have shown me.
Amen.

I now sing and hear the song and honestly understand it.

How very freeing.



10 comments:

'Tart said...

It's a beautiful post, and very personal writing. Nice rendition of the song by Leanne Rimes, too.:)
Tart

Tracy said...

Thank you Tart. :) hugs my friend!

Dr. Deb said...

The words ARE very meaningful!

J.D. Scorpio said...

Hey Mysti:
I enjoyed your visit and thanks for your comment. I was just wondering if you’ve ever heard the instrumental of Amazing Grace done with bag pipes? It will make the hair stand up on the back of your neck! If not, I will try to find it and ask Jo put it on her blog music play list for you…
Have a great day…….. JD

Mimi said...

Mysti,
I have been praying for you since you posted some time back that you needed to forgive yourself and forget your past...
this post sounds like you are beginning to do just that...and I praise God that He is helping you to do that...
We cannot change our past..but we can forgive ourselves and others... and move forward with God's help to a life of peace, joy and love...
blessings Mysti,
'Mimi

Mike Golch said...

Mysti,I echo what J.D. just said about Amazing Grace on bag pipes.
I know that there are several renditions on you tube.in fact I'm going to post it on my site just for you.Just remember to pause the playlist first,than play the video.Mike

Mike Golch said...

Mysti,as promised the Amazing Grace video is now up and running for you to come and listen to.

Tracy said...

Grins thank you Deb. They are powerful and meaningful indeed! Hugs

Mimi i thank you for the prayers. This class has been the best thing i could have done for myself. It is opening my eyes. soul and spirit to many things. Hugs!

Jd and mike, you both are right in that the song is so very beautiful when played on the bagpipes! I thank you mike for posting it for me!

Hugs and Blessings!

Denise said...

How beautiful........ how so perfectly beautiful...... God does take all the hurt and all the pain and all the turmoil and He replaces it with Amazing Grace.... Oh how the heart that was once broken now sings...........

I have a saying for my life..... I used to cry all the time because I hurt..... Now I cry all the time because He has healed my pain.....

hugs

Tracy said...

What a wonderful saying denise! Hugs backatcha ya. :)