THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 13, 2008





I haven't been feeling all that great lately. This round of detoxing has been different for me. It has made my head not only hurt, but I feel like i have a cold. My ears, nose, and throat all hurt. I know it is not a cold, because in late afternoon i feel better. My sore throat goes away, and my ears unplug. Only to return with the next dose of detox. So it is probably the lead and what ever other chemicals being flushed out of my system. I have been constantly tired, and most days i do not feel like doing a whole lot other then cozy up on either the couch or in a chair on my deck with a good book.

The latest book i have read is called twenty wishes by Debbie Macomber. I really enjoyed reading this book. It is about four widows who are having a hard time moving forward in their lives. They get together on Valentines day and come up with this wonderful idea of writing down 20 wishes. The wishes don't need to be practical. That is why they are called wishes instead of resolutions or goals. Also a wish is exactly that, it might not come true, but it is something you hope does. :)

While reading this book it made me wonder about what I would wish for? Through out the last few years I feel I lost a sense of purpose. That is one reason i went through cleansing streams. To get my purpose back. I have it, i love God fully and i feel blessed that I did this class.

Because of things that occurred in my past over the years, I lost who I was. I do not remember having many dreams. I gave up learning who i was. Since about 18 years old I have been leading my life for others. I have always been worried about others, and not necessarily about myself. I did as others wished me to do. I gave up on any kind of dreams long ago. I was afraid to dream.

When I married my husband of today I started to feel encouraged. My husband would push me to dream and discover likes and dislikes. I did discover a love for cooking and painting, but i think i was afraid to dream of more. That is until I started healing, and gained a strength in knowing the Lord.

The Cleansing streams class has given me confidence and has shown me who I am. I am a lady who adores the Lord and has a strong faith in Jesus. I am also a wife and mother, as well as a daughter, sister and a friend. I am as the below test points out a Considerate Creator. I know these things and feel they are all wonderful qualities. I feel truly blessed.

Now I can move forward with my own dreams and discovering more about who I am.

I have decided to follow the lead in this book, and write down twenty wishes. :)

Coming up with twenty wishes is really a way of discovering ones likes and dislikes, as well as gaining a knowledge within ones self. It allows a person to gain confidence, and a sense of accomplishment when trying to fulfill ones wishes. Yet if the wishes are not fulfilled in the near future then it allows one hope and something to dream about.

I have come up with a few wishes already. I found it is not as easy as one might think to write down 20 wishes. I am going to post my wishes somewhere on my blog so I can continually add on to them, and see how many wishes i can personally make come true.



Mysti's Twenty Wishes (Wishes and hopes)


1. Have my very own exhibit in a gallery show casing my paintings.
2. Go to Ireland with my husband ( my husband and i always wanted to have a honeymoon.)
3. Learn how to knit. ( I want to start knitting prayer shawls, for those i love.)
4. Take a self defense course
5. Sell pastries to the local businesses in my area
6. Laugh just for the joy of laughing
7. Learn how to Ballroom Dance
8. Travel to areas in the world where I have friends
9. Write a book and get it published
10. Swim with dolphins
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.

5 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Mysti,as you told me to hang in there,Please do the same,take care of your self ans I'm trying to do as well.if things get too much try the one day at a time approach,and If one day is too much,try 5 minuites to 1 hour.
Blessings and Hugs to you my friend.

Mimi said...

Mysti,
I am praying for you as you go through this detoxing, that you will have added strength each day...
I hope you are able to realize some or maybe even all of your dreams...
prayers and {{Hugs}}
Mimi

jumpinginpuddles said...

this is such a good exercise and we think we might read this book.
And oen thing we have noticed is that you seem healthier and far more content within you over the alst year than ever before. You are an encouragement

Denise said...

Oh I love this post..... and I am so glad that you are now dreaming again........ I lived my life for others for years and years and years..... I married my soulmate 8 1/2 years ago..... He is teaching me daily to follow my dreams...

I am so glad you are following the path that the Father has laid out for you.......... I will watch as you travel......... I will think about 20 wishes and see what I come up with....

'Tart said...

We shall make #3 come true! If you can hold a paint brush, you can hold a knitting needle.

This is such a popular desire. I remember when I did Sparkpeople, there were so many on the knitting board that wanted to learn.

Good books are 'Stitch and Bitch' by Debbie Stoller, and there's lots on Amazon and Ebay too probably, and at your LYS (Local Yarn Store) there's those little pamphlets on teaching you.

There's also the great DVD (on your computer, you can run this!) 'Knitting made easy' by Coates, which helped me a lot.

I of course, support you in all of your wishes, but I would be honored to help you learn such a therapeutic past time as knitting. There are lots knitters who blog too. I'll have to give you some of their urls.

The concept of having wishes, posting them, is all very beautiful mostly I think because it is such an opening up, and a discard of the past, which has seemed so good for you lately. You have come so far, and continue to do so well.

Okay, I'll talk to you soon.:)
Love,
Tart