THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Why it is important to remember our Soldiers and those who died protecting us this Memorial day.



I do not often talk about this topic. It is because I feel so strongly about the men and women who are protecting our country. These men and women are true heroes. They go off to parts of the world to protect "our" right to freedom. These men and women get up and, fight for our rights to talk freely, to believe or not to believe in God freely, to have a right to be a Republican, Democrat, Independent Voter or even not to have an opinion at all. They are fighting and dying for our very right to think independently, and to live a life with the privilege to have free will, and freedom!

Memorial day is a day where each of our unsung heroes should be remembered.

Our Military should be shown support, and shown that the people in this country care, love and appreciate all they do for the United States. We owe a huge Thank you to each and every soldier who have fought for us, and who continue fighting for us. We should be thanking every fallen soldiers family for the sacrifice given for you and I.

These men and women who are in the military deserve our respect, and our gratitude.

I think that all the fighting that goes on between Republicans, and Democrats regarding this war, the Soldiers who are smack dab in the middle and living in danger every single day become forgotten. I can not speak for everyone, but i can say that I personally am proud of them. I am aware of the danger they face and why they are fighting. I am aware that they hold Americans freedom close to their hearts. I am aware that they believe in our freedom and will die for us to keep that very freedom. Their bravery, courage, and love for our country leaves me feeling proud!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for fighting for my freedom.

May God bless and protect you and your families.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

such a beautiful tribute to our military women and men. Thank you for sharing Mysti.

Mike Golch said...

Mysti,Thank you for this video.

Mimi said...

that is such a beautiful tribute to our military men and women and I would like to add my thanks to yours for the time they have willing given to protect our freedom...and for the families who have had to do without them while they were serving our country...and I pray for the families who have lost loved ones in battle...

also I would like to thank you for the link to the web for the patterns for prayer shawls...
if you have the cast on...knit, and pearl down... you are well on your way to knitting my dear!!!

I hope you are feeling better...because you are still in my prayers and my heart,
Mimi

surjit singh said...

A great tribute to the army.I appreciate your feelings.

Denise said...

Great tribute......... I am like you.... I am very passionate about out guys and gals out there fighting...... and I am very political!!! so I have to be very careful not to climb up on that soap box here on the blog....... and how is the knit pearl coming?

Dr. Deb said...

Your words are so wonderful and poignant. It is a very special day to remember and be thankful for such altruism and sacrifice.

jumpinginpuddles said...

freedom brings tears it is right to remember these brave people sacraficing them,selves for freedom